Categories of experiements - must meet one or more of these to trigger.
- Enhances the harmful consequences of the agent or toxin;
- Disrupts immunity or the effectiveness of an immunization against the agent or toxin without clinical and/or agricultural justification;
- Confers to the agent or toxin resistance to clinically and/or agriculturally useful prophylactic or therapeutic interventions against that agent or toxin or facilitates their ability to evade detection methodologies;
- Increases the stability, transmissibility, or the ability to disseminate the agent or toxin;
- Alters the host range or tropism of the agent or toxin;
- Enhances the susceptibility of a host population to the agent or toxin;
- Generates or reconstitutes an eradicated or extinct listed agent or toxin.