Skip to content Skip to navigation
Ramping up to fall semester: Learn how to do your part as we return to campus, and get the latest COVID-19 updates.Campus ReadyCOVID-19 Updates

Travel to sanctioned countries

Important information: 

Any UC Merced employee who plans to travel to any sanctioned country for any University business purpose, including research, should contact Deborah Motton, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Director of Research Compliance at or 209-345-4063 well in advance of their planned travel to seek a determination regarding whether an OFAC license is required to authorize the travel. OFAC licensing for travel can take up to two years to obtain.