Cayuse Instututional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) went live at UC Merced on May 1, 2021.
Cayuse IACUC is a Cayuse product that manages protocol creation, review, submission and files. It has a user-friendly interface. Cayuse IACUC simplifies the human subjects research submission process.
Cayuse IACUC (UC Merced)
As of May 1, 2021, UC Merced IACUC transitioned from a paper-based process to a web-based system called Cayuse IACUC. To access the system, click on the Cayuse IACUC link at the bottom of this page and log in with your UCMNet ID and password.
Note: Before you start, please read the FAQs page for important information about Cayuse IACUC.
- New staff, undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars should contact the IACUC Office if planning to use Cayuse IACUC. The office will add new staff and students as users in the system.
- Individuals not affiliated with UC Merced must obtain a UCMNet ID to access the system. Please contact the IACUC Office for help.
Click on the link below and log in with your UCMNet ID.
Cayuse IACUC Submission
There are no longer multiple protocol application forms. Every new study will have the same initial submission process. The IACUC office will make the determination regarding what type of review will be performed.
Cayuse IACUC forms include:
- Initial (new protocol submission)
- Legacy/Existing Protocol (pre-existing study submission/only used for studies existing prior to May 1, 2016)
- Modification/Amendment (amendment/modification submission, including personnel changes)
- Continuing Review/Renewal (renewal of study)
- Withdrawal (withdraw study submission)
- Closure/Final Report (close study)
- Incident/Problem Report (reporting incidents/adverse events/problems)
Cayuse IACUC Help
Cayuse has developed a Help page for Cayuse IACUC. The Cayuse IACUC Help is designed to answer questions about what certain items on a given screen are, what they do, how they function, and how you might use them. The content is intended to be functionally descriptive yet brief and to the point.