Updated to reflect new DOE Financial Assistance Letter 2022-04 issued on June 1, 2022
- Submit with application as required by funding opportunity announcements.
- After selection and during the life of the award, if there are changes to or additions of PIs or other senior/key personnel, such person(s) must also submit current and pending support disclosures within 30 days of joining the project team, or on a timeline consistent with the program office instructions.
- For all PIs and other senior/key personnel, if there are changes to the previously submitted current and pending support disclosures, the individuals must update their disclosures within 30 days of the change, or on a timeline consistent with the program office instructions.
Applies to: Principal Investigator and senior/key personnel, including subawardees
What to disclose:
A list of all sponsored activities, awards, and appointments, whether paid or unpaid; provided as a gift with terms or conditions or provided as a gift without terms or conditions; full-time, part-time, or voluntary; faculty, visiting, adjunct, or honorary; cash or in-kind; foreign or domestic; governmental or private-sector; directly supporting the individual’s research or indirectly supporting the individual by supporting students, research staff, space, equipment, or other research expenses. All involvement in foreign government-sponsored talent recruitment programs must be identified in current and pending support.
Program offices may also require disclosure of past support, limited to a reasonable time period to be determined by the program office.
For every activity, list the following items:
- The sponsor of the activity or the source of funding.
- The award or other identifying number.
- The title of the award or activity. If the title of the award or activity is not descriptive, add a brief description of the research being performed that would identify any overlaps or synergies with the proposed research.
- The total cost or value of the award or activity, including direct and indirect costs and cost share. For pending proposals, provide the total amount of requested funding.
- The award period (start date – end date).
- The person-months of effort per year being dedicated to the award or activity.
- If required to identify overlap, duplication of effort, or synergistic efforts, append a description of the other award or activity to the current and pending support.
Each current and pending support disclosure must be signed, dated, and include a certification statement. The information may be provided in the formats approved by the National Science Foundation (NSF):
- SciENcv: a signature, date, and a certification statement must be attached until the website automatically attaches a certification statement (anticipated Spring 2022).
- NSF Fillable PDF: a signature, date, and a certification statement must be attached.
“I, [Full Name and Title], certify to the best of my knowledge and belief that the information contained in this Current and Pending Support Disclosure Statement is true, complete, and accurate. I understand that any false, fictitious, or fraudulent information, misrepresentations, half-truths, or omissions of any material fact, may subject me to criminal, civil or administrative penalties for fraud, false statements, false claims or otherwise. (18 U.S.C. §§ 1001 and 287, and 31 U.S.C. 3729-3733 and 3801-3812). I further understand and agree that (1) the statements and representations made herein are material to DOE’s funding decision, and (2) I have a responsibility to update the disclosures during the period of performance of the award should circumstances change which impact the responses provided above.”
Purpose: Current and Pending support is intended to allow the identification of potential duplication, over-commitment, potential conflicts of interest or commitment, and all other sources of support.