Cayuse Institutional Review Board (IRB) went live at UC Merced on May 1, 2016.
Cayuse IRB is an Evisions product that manages protocol creation, review, submission and files. It has a user-friendly interface. Cayuse IRB simplifies the human subjects research submission process.
Cayuse IRB (UC Merced)
As of May 1, 2016, UC Merced IRB transitioned from a paper-based process to a web-based system called Cayuse IRB. To access the system, click on the Cayuse IRB link at the bottom of this page and log in with your UCMNet ID and password.
Note: Before you start, please read the FAQs page for important information about Cayuse IRB.
Cayuse IRB Login
- New staff, undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral scholars should contact the IRB Office if planning to use Cayuse IRB. The office will add new staff and students as users in the system.
- Individuals not affiliated with UC Merced must obtain a UCMNet ID to access the system. Please contact the IRB Office for help.
Click on the link below and log in with your UCMNet ID.
Cayuse IRB Submission
There are no longer multiple protocol application forms. Every new study will have the same initial submission process. The IRB office will make the determination regarding what type of review will be performed.
Cayuse IRB forms include:
- Initial (new protocol submission)
- Legacy/Existing Protocol (pre-existing study submission/only used for studies existing prior to May 1, 2016)
- Modification/Amendment (amendment/modification submission, including personnel changes)
- Continuing Review/Renewal (renewal of study)
- Withdrawal (withdraw study submission)
- Closure/Final Report (close study)
- Incident/Problem Report (reporting incidents/adverse events/problems)
Notifications from Cayuse IRB
Notifications will be sent from Cayuse IRB via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. Note: These notifications may get sent to your o365 Clutter folders. Please make sure to check the Clutter and Junk email folders if you are expecting an email from Cayuse but not yet received it. Cayuse IRB notifications will be sent when a new submission is sent and when any action item/task is required of the researchers. Please pay close attention to any email from email@example.com.
Evisions - Cayuse IRB Help
Evisions has developed a Help page for Cayuse IRB. The Cayuse IRB Help is designed to answer questions about what certain items on a given screen are, what they do, how they function, and how you might use them. The content is intended to be functionally descriptive yet brief and to the point.